Across all domains and industry verticals, enterprises are dealing with the upsurging pressure of innovating, keeping up with the competition, automating tasks, and increasing agility. Digital transformation by implementing cloud solutions is imperative. But, the evolution of cloud computing has increased the choice of providers, services, and types abruptly. In this blog, we will be discussing the benefits and implementation of a hybrid cloud.
What Is A Hybrid Cloud?
A hybrid cloud is a cloud computing environment that consists of a combination of cloud, on-premise, and third-party services, with composition between two platforms.
According to Gartner, by 2021, more than 75% of medium and large-sized organizations will have adopted the hybrid cloud strategy. And, this lets the organizations optimize their work and operations. Here is a quick go-through of the benefits of the hybrid cloud.
- High scalability and flexibility.
- It enables you to access and maintain private infrastructure, along with a disaster recovery plan.
- This allows you to streamline day-to-day functionality.
- Hybrid cloud helps you reap the advantages of cloud bursting with improved customer experience.
- It offers the authority to share what needs to be shared and restrict access to what needs to be kept private.
- It offers enhanced control and management of Big Data Analytics.
Hybrid Cloud Implementation: The Best Way
- Here is a step-by-step guide to successfully implement a hybrid cloud if you are concerned about integrating your cloud applications and technologies with on-premise applications.
- Understand your API options: For most companies, moving to a hybrid cloud means integrating on-premise with newer SaaS solutions, which requires an understanding of the API.
- Use workload data to factor the environment correctly: It is essential to understand how often fluctuations in workload occur and the public cloud resources required to factor the environment.
- Integration and automation of user access: Determine which users and roles can have access to on-premise apps; automate account creation and disabling.
- Multi-sourcing with bidirectional integration: After implementation, make sure your on-premise apps communicate with your public cloud resources via an encrypted connection.
- Testing and optimizing: Lastly, make sure to run regular tests and optimizations using the best tools to ensure the best performance.
How To Choose A Hybrid Cloud Provider?
For an organization, a hybrid cloud vendor plays a critical role in its online performance. Here is a quick guide on how to choose the best hybrid cloud provider.
- Understand your workloads
- Evaluate performance
- Match the private and public infrastructures
- Search for seamless onboarding
- Assess security
- Look for redundancy and availability
- Compare the pricing
A hybrid cloud computing contract is no less than a business partnership, so make sure you pick your partner wisely.
UnitedLayer for Hybrid computing solutions
UnitedLayer is a full-service cloud service and solutions provider that helps you migrate your enterprise to the cloud affordably and efficiently. From extreme connectivity to best-in-class security, UnitedLayer acts as your cloud partner and offers well-curated private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions.