In this blog, we will be discussing the benefits and implementation of a hybrid cloud.
What Is A Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid cloud is a cloud computing environment that consists of a combination of cloud, on-premise, and third-party services, with composition between two platforms.
According to Gartner, by 2021, more than 75% of medium and large-sized organizations will have adopted the hybrid cloud strategy. And, this lets the organizations optimize their work and operations. Here is a quick go-through to the benefits of the hybrid cloud.
- High scalability and flexibility.
- It enables you to access and maintain private infrastructure, along with a disaster recovery plan.
- This allows you to streamline day-to-day functionality.
- Hybrid cloud helps you reap the advantages of cloud bursting with improved customer experience.
- It offers the authority to share what needs to be shared and restrict access to what needs to be kept private.
- It offers enhanced control and management of Big Data Analytics.
Hybrid Cloud Implementation: The Best Way
If you are concerned about integrating your cloud applications and technologies with on-premise applications, here is a step by step guide to successfully implement hybrid cloud.
Understand your API options: For most companies, moving to a hybrid cloud means integrating on-premise with newer SaaS solutions, which requires an understanding of the API.
Use workload data to factor the environment correctly: It is essential to understand how often fluctuations in workload occur and the public cloud resources required to factor the environment.
Integration and automation of user access: Determine which users and roles can have access to on-premise apps; automate account creation and disabling.
Multi-sourcing with bidirectional integration: After implementation, make sure your on-premise apps are communicating with your public cloud resources via an encrypted connection.
Testing and optimizing: Lastly, make sure to run regular tests and optimizations using the best tools to ensure the best performance.
How To Choose A Hybrid Cloud Provider?
For an organization, a hybrid cloud vendor plays a critical role in its online performance. Here is a quick guide on how to choose the best hybrid cloud provider.
- Understand your workloads
- Evaluate performance
- Match the private and public infrastructures
- Search for seamless onboarding
- Assess security
- Look for redundancy and availability
- Compare the pricing
A hybrid cloud computing contract is no less than a business partnership, so make sure you pick your partner wisely.
UnitedLayer for Hybrid computing solutions
UnitedLayer is a full-service cloud service and solutions provider that helps you migrate your enterprise in the cloud affordably and efficiently. From extreme connectivity to best-in-class security, UnitedLayer acts as your cloud partner and offers well-curated private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions.